Friday 19 September 2014

Five Minute Friday: Hold

Hey, look at that! I've actually completed Five Minute Friday on the Friday our word was given!! :) What a long and dreary day, this was a good way to enter the quiet of the evening. :)  

I've linked up with Kate and the other ladies for our weekly five minutes of unedited writing. Today our word is "hold". Join us! :)

START


And I feel broken, crushed…
but You pick up the pieces,
hold them gently,
breath life into them and
I am whole again,
fragile
but whole.

And when I feel lost,
You hold my hand,
lead me along a path less travelled
softly lit with hope,
quiet,
joy.

And when I rejoice,
You hold my hands
and we dance
in the meadow.
pure.
bliss.

STOP

And of course, the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the word "hold" is this lovely song by the amazing Rich Mullins: 







2 comments: