Saturday 28 September 2013

September Challenge Part 3 - Pumpkins! :)

So this was the third week of the challenge and it was all about pumpkins. I've been wanting to do some sort of pumpkin craft so this was a great week to participate in. I had a few ideas, one is incomplete so I will post about it when it is done. Another idea I haven't done yet but am pretty excited to try it so I will post about that as well and, hopefully, will also be taking pictures of the process so I can do a bit of a tutorial. :) This week, however, I went with buttons as my medium. :) I had a couple old frames kicking around and, thankfully, my husband broke the glass from one of them so I was able to use that frame and just toss the broken glass. I LOVE digging through and sorting old buttons. My only disappointment is that I didn't have more variety in the sizes of the buttons. Better luck next time I guess! :)

Here's my pumpkin art for this week:


So basically what I did was cut a piece of white cardstock down to fit the frame. Then, I dug through my scrapbooking paper and found a nice orangey coloured patterned paper that I thought would suit this project well. I cut out a pumpkin shape (drew it on the back so I knew it would be a good shape) and then glued it near the bottom of the cardstock. I then sorted out the buttons trying to stick with pumpkin coloured buttons but, as long as they were fall colours, I was happy. And of course I needed green buttons for the stock. :) Then, with my hot glue gun in one hand and the buttons near the other, I got glueing! It took a while to complete but I really like how it turned out. :) I'm thinking I need to do something like this for every season! :) I'm also really psyched that the colour of the frame suited the project so well! :)

Somewhat Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment