Monday, 16 September 2013

September Challenge Part 1 - Apron! :)

I had SO much fun making this apron! I used the idea from A Little of This, A Little of That. I love the idea of having a hand towel as part of the apron as it is a perfect place to wipe/dry your hands in the middle of whatever it is you are doing. The only issue I had was with the gathering. My thread kept snapping every time I tried pulling the bobbin thread! Not sure why this happened so I adapted and just pinned the fabric in pleats/ruffles to the tea towel and sewed it that way. It still looks all ruffley and I'm happy with it. The fabric I used is from a crib duvet cover I bought in the As-Is section at my local Ikea. I've now sewn 3 things from that fabric and have enough fabric left over for one more project ... and all for $6! :) So, without further ado, here are the photos:

Me Modelling The Apron

Laying flat on the coffee table. I'm annoyed because somehow I grabbed part of the ruffle up and sewed it into the top band ... just one little section and not terribly noticeable but still annoying!

My Little Annalise wanted to try it on too. She said, "You can share it with me Mommy!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment