Sunday 17 February 2013

It's a Jungle in There!

Ok, this is not something I found in Pinterest but it is somewhat crafty (and more crafty than some things I've seen on Pinterest) so that makes it Pinterest worthy and allowable for this blog. :)

So, Annalise has a jungle themed room. We decided on this theme because this kids loves lions, tigers, elephants, giraffes, etc. We put animal decals on her walls and a "leaf tent" over her bed (courtesy of Ikea). Today I added something new to a wall. This is something that I used in my classroom when I was teaching Kindergarten and Grade 1. I don't know if I'll ever teach those grades again and I was getting sad/nostalgic seeing my bulletin board things in a box rather than a wall so I decided to put some to use. The addition to Annalise's wall is from a unit I taught on trees and seasons. :)  Here's the photos:


It's a tree! :) (and yes, I'm aware that one branch is lighter than all the others ... I made do with the supplies I had available while teaching). :)


A closer picture. Annalise looked at it and said, "Oh a tree! It looks like pretty!" and then, upon a closer inspection, said, "Mommy, where's the nest for the bird?" So apparently I'm now going to make a nest and some birds to add to this tree. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment