Wednesday 20 January 2016

FMF: Time

Finally I'm returning to Five Minute Friday! Funny that today's word is "time" as every week Friday seems to slip by before I even realize it's come! :) Today's FMF is in poetry. Enjoy!

Time

Time stands still and you can hold the moment forever –
            the first kiss
            the baby born
            the first baby smile … and giggle
                        and
                                    the call
                                                she’s gone.

But then the moment’s gone and time …
it blurs by
            many kisses
            many smiles
            many tears
                        later
                                    they’re grown
                                                “he asked me to marry him!”
                                                            they’re gone.

Where did the time go?
Cling to the moments in memories
And maybe
            just maybe

                        time will stand still once more.




4 comments:

  1. A lovely post, Jennifer! Time...so fleeting! Visiting from Five Minute Friday. Have a blessed rest of the week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem. I wish I had the gift of poetry. Blessings on you.

    Lynette
    ~visiting from FMF (I'm #116 this week)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! My spirit feels free when I write poetry. :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete